So many links
Organizations you should support:
- Adventure Cycling Association
- International Mountain Bike Association
- Northwest Trail Alliance
- Cycle Wild
- Leave No Trace
- Ride with GPS – Although my employer for just over a year, I’ve been using their route planner for at least 6 years now.
- Limberlost – They’ll help you explore the 33rd state of the union.
- Oregon Bikepacking
- Bunyan Velo
- Ultra MTB Consulting
- The Path Less Pedaled – Russ and Laura pedaling all over the place to promote bike tourism
- Jill Homer – I’ve been so inspired by her books “Be Brave Be Strong” and “Ghost Trails”.
- Alastair Humphries – Adventurer that spawned the idea of “Microadventures”
- Ken Kiefer – Deceased, but still an inspiration to simplify and go bike-touring
- Two-Wheeled Travel Another Portland Based couple of adventure
- Cycling Dutch Girl
Bikes and Parts I Love:
- Rivendell Bicycles
- Compass Components – Fancy-pants but practical parts. Love the tires.
- Surly Bikes – I currently have a Surly Pugsley but would love a Straggler and Ice-Cream Truck in my stable.
- Soma Fabrications – I currently have a Saga and Grand Randonneur
- Swift Industries Makers of fine handlebar bags and saddle bags.
My Favorite Destinations
- Denali National Park, Alaska
- Crater Lake National Park, Oregon
Artists I Love: