It was a slow winter for me, so nearly half those books were read in just a few months. As summer rolled in, my reading slowed down. But as we found ourselves rained-in while bike touring the San Juan Islands, I was able to get caught up on my reading schedule and blast through a few more books.
By early November, I was finished with my goal of 52 books. I started a few other books but couldn’t get my head into any of them, so I’ll re-start reading them in 2017 and shoot for another 52 books.
See my whole reading list and stats at my GoodReads page.
Here are a few stats not included in the GoodReads page.
- Favorite: The Monkey Wrench Gang by Edward Abbey
- Reading Slog: Drawn & Quarterly Twenty-five Years… Edited by Tom Devlin
- Most Over-hyped: H is for Hawk by Helen MacDonald
- Under-hyped: An Astronaut’s Guide to Life on Earth by Chris Hadfield
- Recommending to My Friends: The Sculptor by Scott McCloud
- Will Re-Read: Meditations by Marcus Aurelius
- Why Did I Wait So Long to Read This Book?: A Brief History of Time by Stephen Hawking
I enjoyed these authors so much, I plan on reading more of their works in 2017: (In no particular order)
- Edward Abbey
- John Muir
- Ray Bradbury
- Neil Gaimen
- Lucy Bellwood
- Erika Moen
- Jill Homer
I’ll check in again with an up-to-date reading list as I hit each 25% mark.
Now get reading!